Blueberry Jello Salad is a classic layered dessert that is filled with delicious canned blueberries and topped with a delicious cream layer.
Blueberry Jello Salad
This classic dessert is an oldie but a goodie. This blueberry jello can probably be found in most church cookbooks passed down from generation to generation. I love looking through our church cookbook and trying new recipes and this one is easy to skim over but it is a delicious layered treat for parties, holidays and potluck dinners. Like our ambrosia salad and our cherry coke jello salad this blueberry jello salad can be the perfect way to wrap up a well rounded dinner.
What is Jello Salad?
While the term “salad” may be slightly confusing, jello salad just refers to a recipe or dish with a flavored gelatin that is mixed with fruit. Sometimes a jello salad also has cottage cheese, cream cheese, marshmallows or other add-ins.
For this Blueberry Jello Salad we will need the following ingredients:
- Raspberry Gelatin
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Crushed Pineapple
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
How to Make Blueberry Jello Salad:
- Dissolve raspberry gelatin in boiling water.
- Mix chilled blueberry pie filling and chilled and drained pineapple in Jello.
- Pour in a 9 x 13 inch pan and refrigerate until solid, about 3-4 hours.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over top of the chilled jello mixture.
- Chill for another hour or until ready to serve.
For more delicious Jello Salads try these: