Baked Raisin French Toast is a yummy and simple overnight breakfast french toast. Use raisin bread for a twist on the classic french bread taste. Serve with eggs and a cup of coffee for a delicious and warm breakfast any day of the year!
I love being able to prep meals ahead of time, especially when it helps my mornings go smoother. This baked raisin french toast is a delicious and yummy make ahead breakfast that only takes a few minutes to prep the night before. Bake it in the morning while everyone is getting ready and you can enjoy a delicious no-fuss breakfast together as a family to start your day off right.
Ingredients Needed to Make Baked Raisin French Toast
- Brown Sugar
- Melted Butter
- Corn Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Large Eggs
- Raisin Bread Slices
Use any brand of raisin bread from the grocery store. We love a good loaf of cinnamon-raisin bread but there are so many variations to choose from. if you are an avid baker, make your own amazing raisin bread to use. Cows milk, almond milk, soy milk, or any of your preferred milk will work fine, as well.
How to Make this Amazing French Toast Recipe
This raisin french toast bake starts off with thick slices of store-bought raisin bread, any brand will do. You will place it on top of a sugar syrup mixture that soaks into the bread and softens it overnight. Pour a delicious egg and milk mixture over top and bake it in the oven the next morning. Serve it with a side of eggs and a cup of hot coffee to start your day.
- Cook the sugar, butter, and syrups together in a microwave-safe medium bowl (1 minute in the microwave, whisk, repeat until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture resembles syrup). Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the raisin bread on top of the syrup.
- Mix egg, vanilla, and milk together in a small bowl and pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight to let the ingredients soak.
- Uncover and allow to come to room temperature while the oven is preheating to 350 degrees. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Check it every so often to make sure the bread doesn’t dry out.
- Serve each slice dusted with powdered sugar
Feel free to top your toast with warm maple syrup the morning of. This easy recipe is perfect for a busy morning or to use as a brunch recipe. It’s simple to serve to multiple guests and to keep in the fridge for future mornings.
Instead of laying the bread in a single layer, you can break off small bread pieces to form a more texturized french toast casserole as well.
For more delicious breakfast ideas try these amazing recipes:
Baked Raisin French Toast
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 TBSP light corn syrup
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 (1 in) thick raisin bread slices
- Cook the sugar, butter and syrups together (1 minutes in the microwave, whisk, repeat until syrup). Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the raisin bread on top of the syrup.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes making sure not to let the bread dry out. Serve each slice dusted with powdered sugar